Monday 4 November 2013

STYLE | Hallowe'en

2.



Halloween is one of my favourite times of the year. This may be because my birthday is the day afterwards. But it is also because I LOVE fancy dress, and especially when its scary!

I just love the atmosphere on a night out or at a party when everyone is in fancy dress. People seem to get on better. There's never (usually) any drama, because most people are more bothered about what people are wearing, and not about what is being said or done. Well nothing ever bothers me on this night because at midnight it turns my birthday, so I'm always in a good mood!

Last year was my 18th, so I didn't wear anything too scary, in fact, there was nothing scary about it at all... But hey, its a special day and I didn't want to look back in photos and feel disgusting! I went as a vampire, so I had some scary, stick-in fangs, which stuck for about half a minute as it was so hard to talk with them in your mouth! 



I wore a Lipsy dress, which I got shortened, as I am only 5ft 2... with my trusty black Carvela heels (the loves of my life) and a hair piece so I looked especially glamorous and vampish (if thats a word). That's my Dad by the way, he went as Dracula, if thats not obvious enough haha. Weirdly he loves fancy dress too!


However, this year, my 19th, was slightly different! Emphasis on the 'slightly', because I went as a vampire again... I like them okay?! But it was different, as instead of being at home, I was in Newcastle, otherwise known as the toooooon. So got all my friends together from around the country, and my best friend threw a pre-house party, then we all went out on the toon.

We decorated her house with spooky cobwebs and made our own pumpkins. I'd never carved a pumpkin before, but it was so fun, and not as hard as I thought! Although it was messy and smelt horrid. Oh well, I like to get my hands dirty sometimes! 


My creation is the scariest in my opinion, the second one from the left, and I named him Patrick. You can just imagine him saying it, can't you!? They looked great and really got us in the Halloween spirit.


This year I wore, Rare dress, and again my trusty Carvela's! 

I love being a vampire because its simple and you look nice, which is always a plus! However, think I'll go a bit scarier next year, as its only one night of the year that you can look as bad as you want to!

What did you wear this Halloween?

Amy xi










No comments:

Post a Comment