Wednesday 12 February 2014

CHAT | to all you single pringles..

The dreaded "V-Day" is just around the corner, and for all us singletons, this isn't the greatest day of the year. Whether you've just come out of a relationship or haven't had one in years, it is undoubtedly a painful time. Everyone wants to be/feel loved, and Valentines just reminds you of something you don't have. It almost makes you feel like you've failed. You've failed at life because you can't be involved with a world-wide event, and it seems everyone but you is celebrating their love. Well, this is how I can feel. 

Last year I had a boyfriend for the first Valentines in ages, and we had the loveliest, romantic evening. And there is something in me that wants to sadly reminisce, wishing things were the same this year, but I'm not going to let myself do that. A lot of my single friends are really feeling the loneliness this year as they are in search of a boyfriend, but I don't seem to be feeling it. Is it because I don't care? No, I do care, and would love to have someone who loves me, but I don't. You shouldn't let a consumer obsessed day get you down. I understand that it is just another reminder that you're alone, but you're not! You have so many people in your life that love you and care about you, that just because you don't have a boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't mean you shouldn't celebrate Valentines. Celebrate the love that you have with your friends and family! Buy your mum some roses or your brother/sister. Go out for dinner with your friends. Have a bit of retail therapy to give you something to smile about. Buy yourself a treat or do something you've always wanted to.

You have the rest of your life ahead of you to have a lovely romantic Valentines day, who knows whats round the corner? Next year you could be with the love of your life, so just sit back and wait, because there is someone out there for you, and one year you will have the best Valentines Day of your life, and all these years angsting over being alone with have disappeared. So do yourself a favour, instead of sitting at home crying and eating all the Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream that was available in the nearest Tesco (Bridget Jones style), get all dressed up and go have cocktails with your girls! Instead of mourning the love you don't have, think about the people you do have, and trust me, you'll feel happier than ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment