Wednesday 5 February 2014

STYLE | Leather and Pastels


So as winter slowly transforms into spring, I want to bring some lighter colours into my wardrobe. Living in Newcastle means that it is still very dark when I wake up, and when I get home. The plus side is that it's still dark when I come home from a night out, as I always hate it at the end of a night when it gets light and you don't quite look the same as you did at the beginning (never a good thing). 

Although nothing will ever compete with the trusty colour black, I always want to add a little something lighter to it! But I love the juxtaposition (ooh clever word!) between the black leather and baby pink. Its like a sort of princess goth.. 

I would wear the cream skirt with the pink textured jumper, and the black boots perhaps with some cream frilly socks peeping over the top of them. And of course with the ol' leather jacket to finish it off. The pink jumper would also be perfect with the gold patterned shorts, and the metallic element means this outfit would be brill for girly drinks. 

Loving the 'Petal' lipstick from Topshop. Which isn't really a statement colour, but I would team it with soft eyes, maybe a thin flick at the corner of my eyes. I also love the half up, half down small bun, as I always think it gives your outfit an edge. 

The little satchel is the perfect size to fit the necessities, such as lipstick and money to shop of course! 

Teaming up any of these pieces would make the perfect combination for a day out, and even a date, especially with valentines coming up (wink, wink). 

Do you like the pastel and leather combo? Where would you wear this look?


Amy xi

No comments:

Post a Comment