Friday 7 February 2014

FILM | American Hustle







American Hustle is a film that I reaally wanted to see. I was drawn in my the actors, Bradley Cooper, Christian Bale, Jennifer Lawrence, some of the best in the business. The style of the period also intrigued me, the outfits were just incredible, although on many occasions, Amy Adam's was awkwardly close to suffering a nip slip. 







Christian Bale plays a moderately successful hustler, with the help of the savvy Amy Adams, but when they are caught by the FBI Agent, Bradley Cooper, they are convinced into co-operating with the police to bring down corrupt politicians.  I know I have a major crush on Jennifer Lawrence, so I am slightly bias, but her character was just amazing. She seemed like the typical 'bitch wife' to start with but layers of her personality reveal themselves throughout, which I think epitomises a brilliant actor. 


I expected to feel stunned at this end of this feature, but I didn't. Unfortunately it was slightly underwhelming. On the contrary to the plot, the acting was excellent. Director, David O'Russell received 11 Oscar nominations for Silver Linings Playbook, and I'm certain there will be more nominations coming his way soon.

I wouldn't recommend this film for cinema viewing, although the cinematography is beautiful, but definitely a watch for a movie night in. 

Have you seen this film? What did you think of it?

Amy xi




No comments:

Post a Comment