Monday 1 December 2014

EVENT | bgo Meet-Up at The White Cloth Gallery

When Haydn from Joe's Blog Network got in touch with me, I was a little apprehensive. I've never attended a blogger event before! Especially as it was in Leeds, because I go to university at Newcastle, I know more bloggers in that neck of the woods.
But, I took a leap of faith and went anyway on my own! There's probably an idea for another post there! 'How to attend an event on your own and not be scared'! I usually find it quite easy to chat to people, but as I know the blogger community can be very close knit, I was worried everyone might know each other and me, no one.
I was very pleasantly surprised. Everyone was so friendly and lovely and welcoming. We started off with a few complementary drinks, so I had a chance to introduce myself.
We were then given a starter lesson in Blackjack and Roulette…Let's just say I don't think I'll be going to vegas anytime soon. We weren't playing with real money though, phew!
As the drinks were flowing and gambling getting more competitive by the minute, a few social media competitions were running simultaneously.
 These were the prizes. Unfortunately I didn't win any. I was too busy gambling to be looking at my phone, of course!
 The White Cloth Gallery was such a good venue for this type of event.
I wore; Skort - Topshop | Top - Urban Outfitters | Necklace - Urban Outfitters | Boots - Topshop

I spent most of my night with Rina Deb (right), Alex from Clouds in a Violet Haze (left) and photographer/blogger Emily. Look at her photography here.
Oh and of course, Vern.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first blogger meet-up, and it won't be the last I'm sure. Thanks Joe's Blog Network!

Check out the bgo website here!

Have you ever attended an event on your own? Do you like Roulette or Blackjack? Are you involved with Joe's Blog Network?


Amy xi

2 comments:

  1. You did so well coming on your own, I've never been to one on my own and have always known people before hand. Bravery to you, woo!

    Was a fun evening :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you :) at least now I know some of you, it won't be as scary next time!

    It really was, hopefully there'll be another soon!

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete